Parks and Recreation


Itch-Kep-Pe Park is located on the banks of the Yellowstone River.

PLEASE NOTE: Parts of Lower Itch-Kep-Pe are currently CLOSED due to flooding last summer. Please do NOT attempt to access these places.

Park Information:
– The Park is divided into two sections: Upper (the first part near the bridge), and Lower that includes the boat ramp.
– Sites are available on a first come, first serve basis. Reservations are NOT available.
– A 7 (SEVEN) day stay limit is strictly enforced.
– Campers MUST be in a developed camp site. No camping is allowed in non-developed areas.
– Camping is available for tents, as well as camper trailers and RVs.
– All sites are equipped with fire rings.
– Enjoy easy river access for fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, and swimming.
– A public boat ramp is located at the southeast end of the campground.
– Restrooms are on-site (seasonal availability).
– Trash receptacles are available for park users.
– Donations are greatly appreciated. Donation pipes are available at two different sites in the campground.

Heritage Park is located in the center of town, near E 3rd Ave N and 2nd St.
Amenities include:
– Horseshoe Pits
– Tennis Courts
– Basketball Court
– Public Restrooms
– Playground Equipment
– Picnic Tables
– Large Green Area
– Swimming Pool
– General Information: During the summer, the pool is open Monday – Friday
– Adult Swim 12:00-1:00pm
– Open Swim 1:00-8:00pm (unless otherwise posted)

Railroad Park is located along Pike Ave (Main Street).
– The park has an abundance of mature trees, plus inviting benches and tables for picnicking.
– At the west end of the park, visit the Stillwater Veterans’ Memorial Wall, a county memorial that bears the names of approximately 2,200 former or current residents who served, or are serving, in the United States military.

Sherwood Park is located on the eastern side of Columbus near E 4th Ave N and 11th St.
– This park has playground equipment, benches, and a large field for many activities.

Special Use Permits
Special Use Permits are required for park event use with over 20 planned attendees. If you need a Special Use Permit, please contact Cassidy at (406) 322-5313 ext 102.
You will need to fill out the Special Use Permits form for you event. You will then need to get City Council approval at least two weeks prior to your intended event.
To print the Special Use Permit and applicable City Code information, please click HERE.